Saturday 2 March 2013

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. How I Wonder if You're “Thar”?

Hey,” called my eight-year-old son from the back of the van. “Did you know that some stars are so far away that by the time the light reaches you, the stars have already burned up?” He was paraphrasing from the Charlie Brown's Encyclopedia he was reading. I knew which book he was reading because that same boy left that same book in the bathroom the night before and I happened to peruse that same page.

I love those pieces of trivia that boggle the mind, that are so tricky to wrap your mind around.

How is it that I can really physically see something that really physically doesn't exist? And that by the time I could know it doesn't exist, neither would I?

It seems to me that the opposite is also true. That there are “things” that really exist that really can't be seen. Things work out “inexplicably.” Events come together to create a new reality that no one would have expected. Good arises from terrible. Just because the Source cannot be described physically does not mean it doesn't exist, in the same way that just because I can see a star does not mean that it does exist.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for
and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1


No comments:

Post a Comment