Saturday 31 August 2013

Back to School

So, I've decided, after all these years, to go back to high school.
 
And not just any high school.

My old high school.

Strange how even after all these years, my qualms about the first day are the same as they were way back when:
    What will I wear?
    Will my hair work out?
    Will anybody like me?
    Will I find friends among my peers?
    Will I be able to do the work?

Strange how the questions are the same even though I'll be standing on the other side of the desk this time around.

Getting to this spot has been a bit of a crazy ride, but all along the way, I have felt watched over and guided. 


The last several mornings have been foggy. This morning the fog was particularly heavy. I couldn't see very far ahead of me as I went for my daily walk down the road. What I noticed, however, was that there was always a circle around me that was clear enough to see where I was going. I couldn't see down the road very far, but the path became clear as I walked along it.
 
 
 
 
That's rather how it has felt in my life this year – the road ahead is foggy and uncertain, but the next step is always made clear as I take it. And so that is what I do – I take the next step and trust in the guidance that is sufficient for the next step after that, knowing that eventually the fog will clear and give way to a brilliant day, a brilliant life.
 

You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16:11

The path of the righteous is like the morning sun,
shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
Proverbs 4:18

 

No comments:

Post a Comment