Saturday 1 June 2013

Covered

This week it was confirmed yet again that I am not a big fan of
      a) stress.
      b) change.
      c) discomfort.
      d) making decisions under pressure.

And life says, basically, “Get used to it, honey.”


The Psalmist says in Psalm 143:8,

     Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love
        for I have put my trust in you.
     Show me the way I should go,
        for to you I entrust my life.

So after spending a night tossing and turning, I say that too in the morning, and am comforted and assured and I think directed, and by afternoon I have forgotten and am completely unsure of the direction I have chosen.


I am not usually a big fan of the war imagery in the Psalms, but there is comfort in Psalm 144:1-2:

     Praise be to the Lord my Rock,
        who trains my hands for war,
     my fingers for battle.
        He is my loving God and my fortress,
     my stronghold and my deliverer,
         my shield, in whom I take refuge,
      who subdues peoples under me.

God's got me covered. He trains me for the task set before me, even down to the details, down to my fingers. And then when life gets thick and hairy, God is my fortress and refuge where I can run to, hide out and be safe. And God is my shield, my protection in the frey when my task is to go out and do. And it is God who accomplishes the final result. And I am a big fan of that. 

 
Is there anything to fear besides forgetfulness?

Is my trust big enough to remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment