Thursday 7 February 2013

Been Doing Some Rearranging


So, I missed last week's blog post – I was busy having my life rearranged.


In just over 30 hours, my life got sent down a path I couldn't have conceived of just days before and I was heading in a direction I hadn't even been considering. I was compelled to make a decision with dramatic repercussions in a very short amount of time, so suddenly it literally took my breath away. Me - making a snap decision! Me – for whom the physiology of my personality demands that my mind always take the longest and most circuitous path in processing thoughts and decisions! Time was both compressed and stretched last week.

But my experience last week also made me grateful – that I have a life to be rearranged; that I was offered this opportunity; that the need was laid so clearly before me that there was no confusion as to the act of service that was required; that I was available and qualified to fill the need;  for the astonishing, humbling support.

As overwhelming and sudden as this change of course has been, so has the grace given been sudden and overwhelming. I happened to be reading Ephesians when all this was transpiring and in it I found my aim in my new position, the power needed to accomplish it, and my hope for the whole endeavor.

My aim: “...live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be                                  completely gentle and humble; be patient, bearing with one      another in love.” Eph. 4:1-2

The power: “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know...[God's] incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead....” Eph. 1:18-20

My hope: “Now to [God] who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory...forever and ever. Amen.” Eph. 3:20-21

Enough – abundant, sufficient grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment